Are you a HIPAA Compliant Organization?
Are you a covered entity looking to find out if you are compliant to HIPAA? If you are new to HIPAA, you are wondering what a covered entity is.
A Covered Entity is one of the following:
- A Health Care Provider such as:
- Nursing Homes
- A Health Plan such as:
- Health insurance companies
- Company health plans
- Government programs that pay for health care, such as Medicare, Medicaid, and the military and veterans health care programs
- A Health Care Clearinghouse
- This includes entities that process nonstandard health information they receive from another entity into a standard (i.e., standard electronic format or data content), or vice versa.
If you fall under one of these categories then you should be wondering whether your company is compliant or in breach.
Set up an appointment with one our consultants here, or give us a call for more details at (888) 959-0220 for a Risk Assessment.
Subscribe to our Newsletter for Downloadable Materials + more info and updates on HIPAA